MORE THAN A SPORTS PROGRAM FOR KIDS & TEENS
Our mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
Through after-school and in-school programs, we help shape the lives of young people from all walks of life by reinforcing values like integrity, respect and perseverance through the game of golf. And it’s making a difference. Our research-proven programs are having a positive impact on participants, their families and their communities.
The First Tee of Northwest Arkansas is a 501c3 non-profit organization founded in 2005. It is our desire to serve the youth of Northwest Arkansas, from all backgrounds, by teaching Nine Leadership Core Values: Confidence, Respect, Courtesy, Responsibility, Sportsmanship, Judgment, Honesty, Integrity, and Perseverance- through the game of golf.
We are proud of The First Tee Learning Center in Lowell, AR. It is home to The First Tee of Northwest Arkansas. The Learning Center is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, and available to ALL AGES. The facility features a full-length driving range, a short game center, a large bentgrass putting green, and three holes of golf.
To ensure our participants have access to available and affordable golf, our “Get Them Playing” program offers discounted golf greens fees to our participants at area Lindsey Golf Management facilities and at the Brittany course in Bella Vista.
The First Tee of NWA is proud to support The First Tee National School Program. For 2016, 56 elementary schools throughout NWA have been provided the equipment, lesson plans, and teacher training so that golf and The First Tee Life Skills Experience can be taught in P.E. classes. It is our goal to create the necessary funding to provide every elementary school in Northwest Arkansas with this valuable program. To further the opportunity to introduce students to a lifetime sport that enhances values for a lifetime, The First Tee of NWA offers its coaches to middle, junior high, and high school PE teachers to bring golf and life skills instruction to their P.E. classes. Further enhancing this program is the introduction of the Coca-Cola Mobile Teaching Unit, which allows us to bring the students a “real” golf experience offering both a driving range and putting green at their school.
COME SEE US TODAY!
THE FIRST TEE HISTORY TIMELINE
- November 1, 2005 – The First Tee of Northwest Arkansas became a reality, calling the All Star Sports Arena our first “home.”
- 2009- The First Tee established relationships with and began offering programs at the Tanyard Creek Practice Center in Bella Vista and at Stonebridge Meadows in Fayetteville.
- 2010 – The First Tee expanded its programming to the Siloam Springs/Hwy 59 corridor, and began an affiliation with Dawn Hill Country Club. Unfortunately Dawn Hill has now closed and we are unable to provide programming in Siloam Springs due to a lack of facilities.
- February 2010 – The First Tee of Northwest Arkansas and the City of Lowell announced the signing of a “Letter of Intent” which provided The First Tee with the opportunity to seek investors for a facility to be built in the city’s Ward Nail Park.
- November 4, 2010 – The First Tee of NWA was proud to host a groundbreaking ceremony for its “NEW” home.
- 2012 – The Tyson Foods First Tee Learning Center opened in Lowell and now offers our participants, and the general public, the JB Hunt Driving Range; the General Mills Three Hole “G-Links” Golf Course; the Walmart NWA Championship Short Game Center; the Unilever Practice Putting Green; the Wadsworth Golf Charities Teaching Zone; and the Walmart Clubhouse offering the MARS Pavilion and the Heinz Mentorship classroom.
- 2013 – We moved our Fayetteville programming to the Razorback Park Golf Course.
- 2015 – Razorback Golf Course closes and Fayetteville programming on hiatus. The First Tee Golf Drop inaugurated.
- 2016 – The first The First Tee Kick-Off PARTEE held in February. Girls On Course program begins, presented by the Walmart NWA Championship. First annual All Schools Challenge held.